Today is Earth Day, so take a moment to ponder our cylindrical home and--what? It's supposed to be round? Damn corporate sponsors!
I know we saw Arbor Day in "Depth Takes a Holiday," but what do you suppose Earth Day would be like? Probably very grounded. Get it? Grounded? Ow! Stop that.
- 50 Words of Barch and O'Neill, by JoeMerl (COMPLETE!): "'I hate Mondays.' To most people it was an innocuous statement, but somehow Janet was the only one he could admit hating anything to."
- Andrea, President of the Student Council (Iron Chef: Who is on the Student Council?), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "As the black-clad Gothic nightmare stared down the group of squeak clean kids, with all the telltale signs of happy thoughts, answered dreams, and more money than sense. Andrea just sneered at them while idly swinging her gavel in the air with a lacy gloved hand."
- Another Day In Self-Esteem Class (IC: The Thompson twins), by LadieTAG (COMPLETE!): "Jane Lane and Kelly Thompson made their way to their now permanent afterschool activity - Esteem Class. They sat down in their usual seats, recognizing one or two of their fellow inmates."
- Daria and Co. (Are Forced To) Read 'My Immortal' (Iron Chef; You're Standing on My Immortal), by Shiva (part 9): "After the slam of the door, things for some reason began to turn hazy. Not even bothering to see what others were thinking, Daria felt her knees weaken and she sank onto the nearest bed and sat down with relief."
- Daria House (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "Quinn chuckled. 'Seriously. Jane...we got to find someone else. Your brother was lazy at your house and he's lazy at this one.'"
- Darius Taylor, by Shiva (part 8): "'Darius?' Tom asked glancing up, 'Penny for your thoughts?' Without looking up from his phone Darius said very flatly, 'Brit told the wrong people about the "small party for friends".' The Sloane kids winced."
- The Double-Crossed Girls, by Kristen Bealer (part 1): "'Quinn! You'll never guess who's waiting by the phone to hear from you!' After a brief moment of shock, Quinn recovered. 'Like, only every guy in Lawndale?'"
- Dylan, by J-D (part 19b): "'We've got more raw footage than there's possible use for', said Dylan, with more sincerity than Kris could ever recognise. 'For example, we have to look at all the times you explained to us about “muscle definition” before we can choose the best way of telling that part of the Kris Brocklethwaite story.'"
- The Fall, by Ranger Thorne (parts 3 and 4): "This time it was Willow who suddenly became serious. 'Look, um,' she stopped and sighed. 'I-I'm sorry.' 'Sorry won't fix it, Willow,' Buffy replied. 'You made me kill Ford.'" (Part 4)
- Family Reunion, by januense (part 11): "The path was rough, with rocks and bushes everywhere, and the fact that it was a moonless night didn't help at all. The door from where they entered was already hidden behind a thick wall of trees. Even if they had walked only for a few minutes, Daria felt lost in the middle of nowhere. In fact, they were."
- Fighting or Fun? (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "'You're digging up home movies again?' Helen asked Jake."
- Fruitless, by malakite (part 1): "Sandi Griffin noticed with total disinterest as a car pulled up to the curb. Then a girl she'd never seen before stepped out with a small smile."
- The Lengths of Sisterhood, by LadieTAG (part 1): "The silence of the night was broken by the sound of an infant waking up for her two a.m. feeding. She looks at the door and sees a thin figure heading her way. A smile forms on her tiny face as the figure lifts her up from the cradle and carries her into the kitchen."
- Love is Strange, by Shiva (part 4): "'Who really wants a bag of nuts at Eight PM?' Evan began to answer, 'Alcoholics.' Then he amended it with, 'Well if they want to catch the drunk crowd they should just put this place next to a bar and have it open on the graveyard shift and early mornings.'"
- Mackbeth, by SinisterExaggerator (part 5): "WITCH MORRIS: More labored than Mackbeth, but freer. WITCH BENNETT: Much more messed on the stress test than him, but calmer. Her onslaught of internal rhyme draws sudden, but unsurprised, looks from the other two witches."
- Mack the Esteemer, by Shiva (part 20): "'Hey,' Mack thought to himself, 'What's Tom Sloane doing here?' Tom turned his head by chance and noticed Mack looking at him and gave a wave, Mack nodded and seemed to think for a minute before waving the kid over."
- Mind Games (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "'HELEN, HOW COME YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO BE AWAY? ARE YOU SCREWING AROUND WITH ERIC?!'"
- The Offering (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "In the pitch black of night there were faint flickers of light coming from candles sitting on the ground in a semi-perfect circle. Four teenage girls stood looking down a freshly dug grave in the middle of the woods."
- Protective, by SacredDust (part 1): "Quinn wasn't blind. Frumpy clothes and a bad attitude couldn't hide that Daria was...well, almost as pretty as her underneath. And Quinn wasn't deaf, either. She heard the things people said about her 'cousin.' Even some of the things they said to her face. And she didn't like them."
- The Punk and the Snark (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Ever Have: Sick, Sad Edition), by Shiva (parts 1 - 3): "As Mr. DeMartino screamed in agony at the sheer stupidity of Kevin's latest answers to the teachers questions. Bob the Punk leaned towards Daria and whispered, 'Why does he always ask those two idiots to speak when this is ALWAYS the result?'" (Part 2) (Part 3)
- Robert's Dance Party: Going With Another Date (Scenes that should be: Polite Requests), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "Jodie Landon watched from a comfortable distance, leaning on a locker as her bubbly blond 'friend' Brittany Taylor acted on her earlier suggestion of asking Robert out to the dance."
- Sexy Daria: The Misery Sex, by Shiva (part 4): "Tommy Sherman's face fell and he began to reply but a distant sound of a crash followed by screams cut him off. The three of them froze."
- Sexy Stacy (IC: Stacy Never Joins the Fashion Club), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "Stacy finished putting on her lip gloss and blew herself a kiss before shutting her compact with a loud click."
- Twin Tracks (chapter 4), by oni (part 3): "'Well at least I'm not the only amateur around here,' Jane said to herself. Stephanie's shoulders drop a little in defeat while she walked back to the machine to retrieve her ball. In monotone, Daria said from Jane's side, 'That makes three of us.'"
- Unnamed story (Scream Scenes), by Jim North (COMPLETE!): "'Oh come on,' Daria scoffed. 'A ghost giving kids bad grades? That's the Crystal Pepsi of scary stories.' Jane crossed her arms in a huff. 'Fine, Daria, let's hear you do better!'"
- Untitled Tom based mini fic, by BrownEyedBagel (COMPLETE!): "He found himself looking at his mother who appeared less than pleased with him. She simply remained seated in a comfy looking chair next to an end table with a lone lamp and started to look very clichéd. Tom let his exhaustion get the better of him and just wanted the impending lecture to be over."
- Victor Morgendorffer, by Shiva (part 11): "He barely even noticed that his father had been sitting at the table with a small lunch in front of him, Jake had stared at his son the entire time he was in the room and seemed to struggle to say something, anything. But by the time he had come up with the word 'Hi', Victor was already gone."