Speaking of BG, my Bro asks the musical question: Are women actually more like Daria than they think? When dating, specifically. See his reasoning and the responses here on PPMB.
Updates on the Great Traveling Dariacon, also known as Dariacon Deref 2008: the adventures of a rogue Aussie (aren't they all?) among the savage barbarians of Darkest Europe.
Those with a taste for superhero Daria-ism should immediately visit The Dark Cynic & The Super Artist, by LSauchelli, who has done Daria as Batgirl and Jane as Supergirl. It totally works.
And an oldie but goodie continues on PPMB: Things Students Are No Longer Allowed To Do At Lawndale High. Bless everyone's naughty little heart.
A new Iron Chef on PPMB: Personality Wipe. DigiSim suggests having one character suddenly act in a completely different way. Some real eye-openers are in this collection. Keep it goin'!
- Can You Call Me Back? by Alpacca Jo, a.ka. thatLONERchick (COMPLETE!): Sorry, right number. A wicked little crossover that leaves Daria hanging on the line. (PPMB version)
- The Night Series: Waking Dreams, by Alpacca Jo (COMPLETE!): Their eyes met and Sandi's heart stopped. A new world then began. (PPMB version)
- Winter Hearts: She Tries to Breathe, by Alpacca Jo (COMPLETE!): The author's first fanfic, updated, with a solid punch to the gut.
- The 1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane (continued): Nothing here but heartwarming goodness.
- Avalon, by legendeld (Parts 12, 13, and 14): Things get ugly. 'Nuff said.
- The Cynic, The Fashionista and The Jackass, by Doggieboy (Part 13): The bridge scene is wonderful, right in character. (SFMB version)
- It's Like the Beginning of an Era, by Kristen Bealer (Parts 4 and 5): It all makes sense now, how they got where they are. Nice! Just waiting for the Upchuckster to "make the change."
- John Lane 34: Barbeques and Gridiron, by Richard Lobinske (Part 2): "Oh, my cup runneth over," Daria said, feeling another layer of doom descend upon her. (Heh heh heh.)
- The Misery Chicks, by NightGoblyn (Part 19): It's the Faculty vs. DJs Roller Hockey Exhibition at Lawndale High, and only pure evil can save the game for Lawndale. Fortunately, pure evil happens to be playing on the faculty's side.
- My Sons, by legendeld (Parts 14 and 15): It's sex, sex, sex, and sex at the Morgendorffers, and Grandma Barksdale isn't having any of it. Figuratively and literally speaking.
- The Other Side Of Time: And All That We've Won, by The Sidhe (Parts 8 and 9): Richard pops the question to Daria, and she says— (SFMB version)
- Turnabout Confusion Part II: All The King's Horses, by Dennis (continued): The plotting, backstabbing, and heartless treachery continue unabated. Lovin' it.
- Untitled Fic, by MMan (Part 1): A crossover that I certainly did not expect. OMG!