Today is also the 2,761st birthday of the city of Rome and the birthday of 19th century humorist Josh Billings, who said a lot of things you've probably said, only he invented them. Did you ever say you were just "joshing"? That was named for him.
MMan's wonderful Daria/Andy Griffith Show crossover on PPMB has been named: "Fife in the Fast Lane." DariaWiki has 1,829 articles. Now 780 fans in the Daria Fan Club, which badly needs new poll questions!
Brother Grimace has found a MySpace account allegedly operated by Daria Morgendorffer, but it has been inactive for about a year and is filling with spam. He also located Daria's page on the Internet Movie Database, but the page is in dire need of attention from willing and helpful fans, such as yourself. Someone fix it up, please!
Roentgen found some sketches on a blog by an artist named R. T. Inoue. Go to this page and search down until you reach April 20-21, 2005. Interesting!
And Christ Oliver found some Daria illustrations that will make your eyes pop out. Take a deep breath and sit down before you click that link.
Some excellent fiction appears in today's update. Read on and enjoy.
- Coming of Age, by Deep Metal (Parts 20 and 21): In this latest installment of a Beavis and Butt-head masterpiece, Daria looks closely at the former Burger World manager, now pro wrestler out to save B&B from certain doom, and asks, “Is that spandex you have in your suitcase?”
- Iron Chef: Personality Wipe, unnamed ficlet by Angelinhel (COMPLETE!): She was done, finished, over it, and the rest was history.
- It's Like the Beginning of an Era, by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): And now we know how the Leermeister got his name! Bravo!
- Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: Dawn of a New Horror, an unnamed scriptfic by TheSecretSharer (Parts 1 and 2): What if Shakespeare wrote "Esteemsters"? You've GOT to read this!
- Turnabout Confusion Part II: All The King's Horses, by Dennis (continued): A dangerous trap is being laid, but for whom?
More soon, allergies are getting in the way of typing.