Friday, August 15, 2008

Stuff & Nonsense

Odds & ends on a Friday night. . .

Brother Grimace has begun an interesting page on DariaWiki (which now has 1,935 interesting pages): the Dariacentric romance. This begs for elaboration.

Some fun competitions online: Iron Chef: Better Than Sex! is one, and Mirror, Mirror... is getting superb responses! Lots of wackiness in Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: Dawn of a New Nightmare and The 1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane.

Checked in on Dariaverse.com to see what was new. Hmmm.

Psychotol is looking for a beta-reader.

Two very nice, very new fan artworks:
FF.net
  • Mart of the Dead, by Smileyfax (Part 5): Things go from bad to worse, but you won't hear me complaining. Who is that mysterious camouflaged man?
  • The Young Switcheroo, by Smileyfax (Part 7): Daria and Jane . . . or Jane and Daria . . . oh, whatever, they reenact "College Bored" with a twist. Awesome serial.
PPMB
  • Avenging, by Lorenzo Sauchelli (Part 17): "Ah, Leonardo, there you are. I've hardly seen you in the last few chapters."
  • Calling Calliope, by Dennis (COMPLETE!): Tiffany, I hope you don't mind me asking, but I have some big news. Do you mind meeting me at Begin the Bean tomorrow at 12? If not, no worries. -Ken
  • Evil Jane (unnamed story), by NightGoblyn (continued): A friendship born in Hell.
  • John Lane 36: Promises, by Richard Lobinske (Part 1): The long-awaited Daria/John prom story (nice pun in the title) starts out with: "We've got to get rid of them! All of them!"
  • A Monster in the Unmaking, by Kristen Bealer (Part 2): I knew the thing Ashley Amber loved most about me was my bank account, and she'd probably die before she gave up even one of her credit cards. But if that kept her happy, then so be it.
  • The Other Side of Time: The Nightmare Never Really Leaves, by The Sidhe (continued): “You may have seen a portrayal of me in a film called Full Metal Jacket.”
  • Size Does Matter, by BlackHole (Part 29): Under his breath Jamie uttered “Watch me!” then stood up and approached Quinn.
  • Stacy Rowe, Seeker (Part II), by jtranser (continued): "Mr. Ruttheimer, I have a number of things to say to you before we can continue. And I don't think you'll like listening to them."
WHOA! I clicked on Lawndale Online and got a suspended account! What the heck happened???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like somebody over at LO! didn't pay the power bill.

Lorenzo Sauchelli said...

About Dariaverse, I really need to do something about it.

The Angst Guy said...

What you have there looks wonderful! But more of it, please!