Friday, January 9, 2009

More on Maynard

I am so incredibly out of the loop, I don't even know where the loop is.

Not only did Milderbeast (God bless him) and Deref (same, though this will be more difficult as he is Australian) long ago come up with my nifty idea about Maynard G. Krebs being the role model for a certain Daria character we all know, these two guys even made Maynard a part of the Lane family.

To quote from "The Many Loves of Thalia Gillis":


* * * * *

"It's like my Uncle Maynard told me a long time ago: You got the right beat, the rest is just heat."

"Trent, what exactly does that mean?" asked Daria.

"Uncle Maynard played the bongos. He showed me what natural rhythm is all about," said Trent, as if that settled the matter.

"I always wondered who was to blame," said Jane. "All I remember about him is how he slept on the couch for three months and never once got a job. I don't even think he was really our uncle."

"Hmm," said Trent, "Maybe he wasn't. But man, he taught me all about life and how to live it."

"Cool," said Jesse.

Jane laughed. "Those lessons you learned, all right. Especially the sleeping all day part."

* * * * *

Is the Loop around here? Have you seen the Loop? I've been out of it so long I forgot what it looked like. Stay tuned in case something original does strike me.

OTHER NEWS: Brother Grimace has posted the most recent entry on DariaWiki: Rafael Vargas.

Also, two veeeerrrry interesting AUs are in the works. Check 'em out and stay tuned.

PPMB

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't the Loop in Chicago?

The Angst Guy said...

Well, no wonder I'm out of it!

ninetwelve said...

It took forever to get my parents to stop calling me Maynard.

Hopefully they'll never see your blog and remember...

...if they do. Watch your back, punk!