Saturday, January 10, 2009

I Admit Defeat

Here we go. I love trying to identify the alter egos MTV stuck at the end of Daria, but in many cases it is just too much. Here are two that escaped ID.

At left is Tiffany, her hair in dreadlocks, with an outfit that makes me think of 1930s cartoons. I cannot find anything like her anywhere.

At right is Jake with a grotesque haircut and a USA shirt, untied shoes, and knee pants. And his tongue out.

Who the heck are they supposed to be? Someone out there has to know.

Let's hear it.

Oh, and the latest DariaWiki entry: The Winged Tree Country Club, thanks to Richard Lobinske.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake's meant to be Keith Flint of The Prodigy in the music video for "Firestarter".

That one's always been one of my favorite alter-egos.

The Tiffany one still stumps me.

The Angst Guy said...

Jenna wins again! I'd never seen this music video before. I kept thinking Jake was a cartoon character I'd never heard of. Weird. Again, thanks to Jenna, we now know what Jake is!

The Angst Guy said...

I was thinking that Tiffany was a Windsor McKay creation like "Little Nemo," but I bet I'm wrong.

Anonymous said...

Seems to remind be of Bjork, but I could be way off. Can't recall her wearing that outfit.

Anonymous said...

Tiffany's getup looks like something Melissa Auf der Maur of the band Hole wore sometime.

I could be wrong, you know.

Anonymous said...

Tiffany's definitely Bjork in that alter-ego, though I can't remember exactly which video she appeared in that outfit....