Thursday, January 8, 2009

Somebody Forgot the Bug Spray

No, not really, but TAG did invite me to write for the blog, so here I am.

He said I needed to write something about Daria or Daria fandom. Hmm…something tells me that there's little interest in the important role of entomology in Daria, so I guess I better come up with something else. Since I've been a longtime series writer, how about something simple, like a look at some of my favorite fanfiction series?

In no particular order:

The A.D. Universe by Mr Anonymous

Unseen Phenomenon by Wildgoose

The Driven Wild Universe by Kara Wild

The Lost Seasons by C.E. Forman

The Other Side of Time by The Sidhe

Pause in the Air by The Angst Guy

Though each series is dramatically different from the others, each has a special spark that makes them memorable. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

Oh, and speaking of favorites, don't forget to nominate yours for the 2008 Daria Fanworks Awards. The deadline is 23:59 UT, January 10.

2 comments:

The Angst Guy said...

I've almost got my nomination thinger ready! Really!

The Angst Guy said...

BTW I too am a DWU fan, because it is so unpredictable and character-rich, and a John Lane fan, because it is such a trippy AU with the sex-reversal thing and all the consequences thereof. The older series are harder for me to get into, but Forman's stuff is excellent.