Friday, April 4, 2008

Flagged

One hundred ninety years ago today, Congress finally decided what the American flag should look like (red and white stripes, stars added with new states, etc.). This is sort of typical when you think of it, that it took only FORTY-TWO YEARS for Congress to figure out the flag thing after 1776. Tiffany recreates the Betsy Ross legend in the alter ego at left, and that seems appropriate, doesn't it? ("You... made... me... lose... my... place. Now... I... have... to... start... over.")

Today is also National Walk-to-Work Day, but it's a little late in the day to celebrate that.

I am thinking about restarting the interview-a-fanfic-author thing on my own, though filling the shoes of E. A. Smith will be a tall order. I don't think I'm very interesting, but other people are, and we'll see how this goes. More later after I think this over. I would like to include artists, essayists, website operators, and so forth as well as authors, taking questions sent in by fans on PPMB and SFMB. Comments and criticism of this idea are all too welcome; I could use all the advice I can get. More soon, with updates on fanfics and fan art this weekend, and more on Mystik Spiral for UU.

2 comments:

E. A. Smith said...

Go for it! I'd love to read more interviews, and I don't really have the time to do them anymore (teaching full-time certainly burns up the hours, as you already know, I believe).

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a cool idea to me. Maybe you could also toss in some interviews with some of the more popular fanon characters. :p