"Malled" premiered 13 years ago today, and "The F Word" 10 years ago. Jake reminds us that Angus Young of AC/DC turns 55 today, still rockin' away too.
Today is Thomas Mundy Peterson Day in New Jersey, Cesar Chavez Day in the southwest USA, and Hanami (flower viewing day) in Japan. It's the 126thth birthday anniversary of astronomer Adriaan van Maanen (famous in Daria fandom because of this shared world). The Motion Picture Production Code that prevents us from seeing cartoon boobs on TV was enacted 80 years ago today. And this is the 414th birthday anniversary of philosopher René Descartes, who said "I think, therefore I am" and won a little mention in Daria fanfiction for that.
Tomorrow... we have a lot of jesters. Stay tooned.
- An End to War, by The Sharpie (COMPLETE!): “It has been thirteen years since that day. As the fires burned above ground we were some of the lucky few who were in The Caves. I wasn't supposed to be there, but my company convinced the government that since I helped write a key part of the new program I should help install it,” Daria told her daughter....
- NEW! Anti-Trope, by Minx (Chapter 2 COMPLETE!): "So how was Bobblehead Bobby? Will you be seeing him again?" Dean asked. "I doubt it," Jane said with a smile. "I like my men with a normal head to body ratio." (FF.net)
- Finn Morgendorffer 40: Higher Learning, by HolyGrail2007 (Part 3): “So, when do you suppose they do the brainwashing?” Daria asked. “Freshman orientation," said Tom. "That way, even the dropouts send in their last dime.”
- Lawndale's Finest: Action Stories #4—Power Struggle, by Jim North (continued): Then, just as she was ready to reach down and reset the entire system, windows began to pop up, close down, and move around, seemingly at random at first but finally in a pattern that she recognized as all the command attempts she had been making before, all executing at once. "No no no no!" she screamed, grabbing the sides of the monitor and shaking it in frustration. When the window containing the article she had been writing shut down without saving, she slumped forward to rest her forehead against the screen.
- NEW! There's Something Furry in Denmark, by LadieT (COMPLETE!): Over the next couple of weeks, Jane noticed odd changes in her behavior. Her leg would start bouncing whenever she had an itch. She felt the urge not to use a spoon when eating something out of a bowl. If Trent played a high pitched note, she would have to cover her ears. She tried to block the strange occurrences out of her mind. (FF.net) (OD)