Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Wednesday Is... Boxing Day!

Boxing Day is a special day celebrated across the British Commonwealth when people get boxes and . . . you know, do box-related sorts of things with them. Something like that, I dunno. Whatever floats your boat, that's what I say.

Almost 500 active links now grace the Daria Directory in the left column, your one-stop spot for anything Daria-ish. Discounting duplicated links in different columns, there are still over 450 links. True, most are not active, but some good places keep up with the times.

Speaking of boxes, didn't you think it odd that Daria felt guilty in "Boxing Daria" for tormenting her parents all those years? "What I didn't realize is what a pain I've been when I thought I was just being me," she tells Jane, and Jane's response, naturally, is "Huh?" That was my response, too. I cannot believe Daria didn't know she was being a pain by just being herself, since 99% of "just being herself" consisted of making snarky sarcastic remarks every five seconds and ranting about life and being resentful and so on. Maybe it's just me, but I can't believe she didn't know that she was like that already. Whatever.

Happy Boxing Day with, you know, the boxes and all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two more websites for your list :

http://daria-show.skyrock.com/
(in French)

http://timeliketoons.tripod.com/
genx_text/daria.htm
(in English. The fanart link goes to a small comics called 'daria and Jane go to Mars")

Anonymous said...

I had the feeling it was less of literally learning that she was a pain, but more of internally understanding the real effects that her prior behavior had on her parents.

The Angst Guy said...

I have the "Daria and Jane Go to Mars" section linked under "Yul Tolbert's I Love Daria Section" in the big list (he had some other stuff to say along with the comic).

Thanks for the other link. It's in there now! 8)