Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Coloring Project for Bored Fans

The-N, despite all its issues with cutting up Daria episodes like Sweeney Todd cuts up his barbershop customers, did have an interesting screen saver with a large number of Daria alter egos on it in faint gray outline. I was able to fix up one of them, but it doesn't enlarge well. (It's already blown up 120%, which isn't much, then sharpened and converted to grayscale.) Daria is about to give [fill in the blank with anyone's name but yours] a special smooch under the mistletoe for Christmas. Isn't that great?

Those who are much better at image manipulation than I am can use this pic to decorate their homes and computer screens after enlarging it and coloring it in. If anyone is able to do this and wants to show off the results, feel free to add a link in the comments section. (Sorry in advance for the background dots, which I think is a moiré pattern.)

Have fun. One more shopping day until the Big X, as the teenage holiday formerly known as Christmas would say.

4 comments:

Lorenzo Sauchelli said...

Using Flash, Illustrator or Corel Draw someone could transform the image to vectors and enlarge it.

Right now I'm using the notebook which has none of those programs so I won't be much help :p.

The Angst Guy said...

Yeah, see, all I use are Paint and Irfanview. I don't know nuttin' 'bout art.

Anonymous said...

I posted cleaned up versions of three of the N black and white outlines here at PPMB, and added the Daria Santa to the set today.

The Angst Guy said...

D'OH! [head slap]