Are all episodes of Daria coming out on DVD at last? It looks that way! It'll be in late 2010, however, and without the music, but we can't afford to be picky. Click on the following links for details. The screen capture at the bottom of this post is lookin' good!
Franz Kafka, beloved of Daria so much that she has his picture hanging in her room above her work desk, was born this day 126 years ago. Read The Metamorphosis!
An interesting digression on writing for money vs. writing fanfiction for free appears at Fortress CINCGREEN. It's worth your time to read.
A new Iron Chef is up at PPMB: Shemale Westerns with Space Porn Girls! Get your story started right away!
- Commitment Issues, by Fringeperson (Part 5): Jane pulled Daria up short as they left school for the day. Trent’s car was parked out front, and Trent was standing beside it, arms crossed and probably looking cooler than he had for quite some time. Considering the number of teeny-boppers standing fifteen feet away, whispering and giggling and giving him furtive glances.
- Apocalyptic Daria: Scarlett's Tale, by Doggieboy (Part 11): Scarlett lay in the darkened alcove and held the still warm light bulb to her chest. She struggled to control her breathing as her pursuers entered the house and began their search for her. (SFMB)
- Daylight: Falling from Grace: I Should Have Been Home Yesterday, by Disco316 (Part 9): As they made their way down Lakeview Drive, Quinn, Sandi, and Stacy kept their voices down, but they couldn’t help but talk amongst themselves. “Finally, one more corner and we’ll be there,” said Sandi. Stacy frowned at Sandi. “Keep on the lookout," she said. "My bad feeling about all this hasn’t gotten any better.”
- Hard Riders & Raw Hides, by TAG (COMPLETE!): Tedi and Tomi were working tables that dark, stormy night in the Slippery Saddlehorn Saloon, waiting for customers who never came... [a shemale Western with space porn girls!]
- Just Friends, by Pinkminx (Part 12 or 13 or something): Daria's face fell slightly and she mentally chastised herself for it. "Are you and Monique still together?" she asked, thankful that her tone had remained indifferent. Trent shot a crooked smile toward her. "Why, you want seconds?" He let out a soft laugh and coupled it with a stifled cough. (FF.net)
- Lawndale's Finest, Detective Stories 2: Daughters of the Demon, by NightGoblyn (Part 3): Elsie stood in the dorm hallway, the door to her room open in front of her, and stared in shock at what she was seeing. Her keys slipped through her numb fingers and thumped on the carpet, and Nat glanced up from the book she was reading. “Come in, close the door,” Nat said quietly. She closed the heavy, leather-bound volume she’d been reading and set it aside.
- One Shot, by Pinkminx (COMPLETE!): The lights of the emergency vehicles lit up the darkened street casting streams of blue and red into the night. The noise from the idling engines drifted through the open window and mixed itself with the hushed voices of the strangers that filled the cramped apartment. "Was the door open or locked?" the soothing masculine voice asked. (FF.net)
- Regifted, by Ajar (Part 7): “Look,” Marina said in as stern a voice as she could muster. “If you don't do this, nobody will know who you are. You have to have enough name recognition that people will pick you.” At this point she was flustered and sweating but still maintained her smile. “If go this alone and let things stay on the back burner Graham will win, and that's something that neither of us wants to happen.”
- See Me After Class, by Disco316 (Part 1): Ryan Mickelson stood at his locker putting his books into his backpack. From behind him, Michael “Mack” Mackenzie and Kevin “QB” Thompson approached. “Hey Ry-Guy!” said Kevin. “You ready to watch us cream Oakwood?”
- Tales of the Ringbearers: With New Responsibility, by Richard Lobinske (Part 5): The longer it will take to reach your goal, when impatience is the path you follow. The words of his old master reminded Richard of one of his oldest weaknesses as he ignited his light saber and the orange blade emerged. Just in time, he let go of direct conscious control and rolled his wrist in an arc to deflect a burst of ice crystals fired at him by Audrey. He extended the motion into a long, sideways jump to evade a telekinetic punch from Niles. Richard landed and dropped low, gesturing with his left hand to stop Don Javier's telekinetic grasp.
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Worse Possible Breakup Scenario), by Dennis (COMPLETE!): "I'm sorry. I just don't think the two of us should stick together anymore."
- Unnamed story (Scenes That Should Be: Brains for Rent), by NightGoblyn (COMPLETE!): "When I was a little girl, I used to think there were monsters in my closet. I'd cry, and my Mom and Dad would come in and tell me that everything was okay, that there were no such things as monsters."