Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy Birthday, Quinn! (Now you know where your tax dollars just went.)

Richard Lobinske's Falling Into College series places today as Quinn's 27th or so birthday today, a secret revealed in "A Daze at the Races."

This is also National Tax Day in the United States and its territories. Either way, Quinn or the government, someone's going to get all your money.

Today being the 558th birthday of the Renaissance genius Leonardo da Vinci, we again post the famous alter ego of Jodie Landon as da Vinci's "The Vitruvian Man." Clicking on the last link here shows the original drawing from which this picture is taken, and explains what the drawing really means. It's more complicated than I'd thought.

More tomorrow, tired now. Zzzzz....

PPMB
  • Finn Morgendorffer 42: The Suburban Symphony, by HolyGrail2007 (Part 5): “What happened? You seemed burned out at work.” “It... it was nothing. Nazi Michael found my screwdriver and now I got fired. Fun.” “Lindy, you were drinking on the job?” “You should know, you’re the one who told him I was.” (NEW! Part 6 here!)
  • I Just Don’t Get You, by Disco316 (COMPLETE!): Quinn hesitated, and then blurted, “I don’t get you.” Jane, thrown by this statement, could only manage a confused, “Oh?” “Are you mad?” asked Quinn. “NO!” said Jane, perhaps too quickly, before adding, “I mean, no, of course not.” “Good,” replied Quinn, “because I want to like you, but I just don’t get where you’re coming from.” (Daria/MST3K)
  • Into the Fray, by Minx (Part 9): Quinn leaned forward and peered through the tiny crack in the door. She could see the two men standing on the front porch facing each other; she could just make out their conversation. “There’s no one here, just bags by the look of it. I think—” Walker’s voice was cut off by the sounds of shouted male voices and a volley of gunfire. “They’re down the road. They must have jumped the fences!”
  • NEW! Into the Fray, by Minx (Part 8): The usual variety of knickknacks were strewn across the drawers; a jewelery box, old photos, a large ornate lamp. They could have been in any house in America. Jane opened the jewelery box and picked up a golden earring, as she did so a chill ran up her spine and she quickly dropped it and shut the lid. Jane was thankful when she heard the water stop, as the door opened she quickly ran in and shut the door.
  • NEW! Some unnamed concept that I will name later, by SigDiff (Part 1): Jane shrugged. “I've never been in the city before. Got sick of seeing nothing but the green world, so I came here.” “And a strong sense of curiosity, even at this age. Usually the world beats it out of them by now.” Jane was clearly being judged, much to her displeasure. “Quinn,” the figure continued, “I think we could really use her.” Although she'd never heard it before, Jane didn't like the idea of being used. “I thought you'd say that,” Quinn commented. “I'm okay with it.”
  • Springtime for Scarlett the Fairy, by Aloysius (COMPLETE!): You do not ever want to hear a fairy after she has pricked her finger on a needle. Talk about coloring the air blue. That brings up a question I’ve always had, and you should be curious about it, as well. What color is a choking Smurf?
  • Unnamed story (Scenes That Should Be: Breakfast of Zombie Champions), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "I thought this was a horrible nightmare. But it was wrong. It's a horrible nightmare that I can't wake up from. You and your god-damned Jell-O shots." "Shut up. You were right in there with me."

1 comment:

The Bug Guy said...

In FiC, Quinn would be 28 today.

Hmm, that's right, Daria is pushing the big 3-0 later this year. :)