Sunday, December 14, 2008

MONKEY DAY! HOORAY!

Okay, this is a new one on me. Today is Monkey Day. Well, sure, why not. We had World Turtle Day, may as well have Monkey Day, too. Whatever.

Actually I am very fond of gorillas, particularly the lowland variety with that coppery-red top. I don't mean I'm "fond" of them as in "fondle," or any other penguin-related matter, just fond. I like 'em. Being a silverback would be cool. Walk around, beat my chest now and then, eat bananas, frown at tourists, sit around on my butt all day. It's a guy kinda life.

On this day, too, 36 years ago, humans last walked on the Moon. Thirty-six years. Wow.

And Mike Quinn's Ladder Theory is ten years old today.

Anyway, there's Monkey Day for you, so party like apes. Which are not monkeys, yes, I know, but apparently the holiday isn't particular about that.

By popular demand (finally!), the entire Legion of Lawndale Heroes saga might be collected into one place and made available for everyone to enjoy. Unless the Internet crashes.

Napalm Kracken has assembled the character bible for his "Welcome Back, Daria" tale. It's a fun read.

Authors Legendeld and Lawndale Stalker/Lurker are back in business! Hooray!


PPMB
  • Antiestablishmentarian Hikers, by Lawndale Lurker (continued!): “We've been abandoned. Marooned. Deliberately. And judging by the looks on Li's and Morris's faces as they drove away, they're not gonna be coming back in a few minutes to say 'April Fool' and pick us up."
  • Arrival, by Legendeld (Part 3): Jane Lane tossed out a wolf whistle as Quinn continued her dance on Brittany’s dining room table.
  • Daylight: Falling From Grace - The Road to Nowhere, by Disco316 (COMPLETE!): "Charles saved me from my own stupidity, and now he’s under my feet instead of me. Life’s just a peach.”
  • Heartless (Iron Chef: Evil Jane), by NightGoblyn (continued): The evilness rampages through season four, and we're almost to "DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE, My Darling."
  • Hell on Wheels, by Roxanne M (Part 3): The old car made an odd clunk, wheezed and then a resounding thud. Alarmed, Tom looked down at the dashboard and noticed a multitude of red lights. He attempted to restart the engine but no avail. The Pinto had breathed its last.
  • Order and Chaos, by Legendeld (Part 14): “I know how you get the paint to move the way it does on your canvas. I know how you seem to always know when something is about to happen. And I know why you can do these things.”
  • Two Halves, by Dark Kuno (Part 3): "And where does my back rest think he's going?" asked Daria.

Other Places
  • The Amputee Kiss, by ninetwelve, a.k.a. Michael Pallante (COMPLETE!): A startling and different story of Daria and Jane's future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were to be any type of primate, I'd either want to be a sign-language learning ape like Koko who gets free kittens, or a show-business monkey who gets to upstage high-caliber actors like Clint Eastwood and Ronald Reagan.

The Angst Guy said...

Nah, old gorilla dudes rule. Who's going to mess with them? You wanna sleep in the grass all day, you do exactly that. Silverback for me.

Anonymous said...

Orangs are pretty cool too. Who wouldn't like to be the Orangutan Librarian in the Disc World? Able to get endless expression and meaning into the word 'ook.' Being the inspiration for the phrase 'gone Librarian poo' would roock too.