Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Life Is a Circus!

Today I was in a quandary whether to celebrate the birth of that guy Ringling, who started the Ringling Brothers Circus, or Britney Spears, whose birthday it also is, and it took me .021 seconds to decide that even with an official MTV alter ego of Ms. Barch as Britney, I would still rather show Mrs. Bennett as a clown on stilts. Yo, Ringling!

Still working on spicing up this drab, dreary blog page. More in a day or so.

LATE ADD: It is interesting that a number of cast alter egos were done as circus performers. (Click on "circus" below for a few examples.) This and a few similar memes in the alter ego field make me wonder if the artists for Daria were sometimes given a theme they each had to explore. ("Okay, today everyone has to draw a cast character as an animal!" or "Let's do alter egos of cast members as famous singers and musicians!")

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drab and dreary? High standards much?

Anonymous said...

Still working on spicing up this drab, dreary blog page.

Hey, look! Monster trucks and naked models. Naked, naked, naked!

The Angst Guy said...

Naked models.... HEY! COOL!

The Angst Guy said...

Drab and dreary? High standards much?

Well, I don't want it to suck or get boring, which would also suck. I'm trying to make this site both fun and comprehensive. It's more work than I'd thought, but I like doing it.

Anonymous said...

It is fun, and it is comprehensive. Now, I'm not saying you should just rest on your laurels-constantly looking for ways to improve is good-but you speak as if this website is mediocre at best, and that is simply not true.

The Angst Guy said...

I've always been a big fan of everyone else's websites.

Anonymous said...

Now, I'm not saying you should just rest on your laurels-constantly looking for ways to improve is good-but you speak as if this website is mediocre at best, and that is simply not true.

We tell you over and over again that you're wonderful and you just... don't... get it! What's wrong with you?!

Okay, so I'm a bit quote happy. :)