Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Who Wants to Be a Scissorshands?

Our birthday alter egos today are for Regis Philbin (played by Tom Sloane), who was the host of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, and director Tim Burton, who did Edward Scissorhands (played by Brittany Taylor). Mr. Philbin is 79, and Mr. Burton is 52. Yo!

One of the Iron Chefs at PPMB has created a large number of ficlets. These are not yet listed below but eventually will be. Stay tooned.

NEWZ!

PPMB
  • NEW! Big Esteem, by Hazazel (Parts 1 and 2): “Girls, I just want you to know your mothers and I realize it's not easy moving to a whole new town and state.” said the driver, Jake Morgendorffer. “Especially for you, Daria, right? ,” he said to girl sitting on the back seat. “Did we move,” answered the girl who had big round eyeglasses, a green jacket, under which one could see her orange shirt, and a knee length black skirt. Jake laughed nervously to his daughter’s joke and was about to say something when the other girl sitting in the back interrupted him. “Speaking of moms, dad, why couldn’t Helen take us to school? She took Sam and Chris to their school” “Helen’s starting in her new job today, Sandi” Jake answered. “She’s going to pass by the elementary school anyway, so it’s easy for her to drop them off.” (NEW! Part 2)
  • NEW! Big Esteem IICY, by Hazazel (COMPLETE!): "This college waiting game sucks, although it does provide the unexpected benefit of taking my mind off of every other aspect of my life." "I know the feeling. Well, I did know the feeling. Or, at least, kind of knew the feeling." "Wait, you heard from BFAC?" "Um, no..."
  • Daria/Dorian 7: Motorcycles and Jocks Don't Mix, by LadieT (Part 4): Jane was trying to focus on the canvas in front of her. Every few seconds, she would turn and watch Dorian read. The conversation between her and Brittany ran through her head. Feeling her anger rise, Jane threw her paintbrush against the wall. Closing the playbook, Dorian walked over to Jane. As he approached, Jane pushed him away. Walking past Dorian, Jane picked up the brush, cleaned it, then resumed her painting. Confusion covering his face, Dorian sighed and went back to reading. "You look cute when you run," Jane said, refusing to look his way. Dorian responded hesitantly, "I'm glad you think so." "Oh... I didn't say that. Brittany did while you were doing speed drills during practice."
  • Daria in Big Jane, Episode 13: Stop Pestering Me, Dammit! by InvisibleDan (COMPLETE!): "Who are you talking to?" Daria looked over and saw R. Thomas Sloane wearing a french maid's uniform and holding a feather duster. "Nobody. Why the hell are you dressed like that?" "You didn't give me anything else to wear when I'm performing my duties." "Oh yeah. Sorry about that." "I told you I would pay you back for protecting me but I didn't know you would be so kinky." "Hey, if you want something else to wear, take it up with Trent." "I would except I can't wake him up." (Daria/The Big O)
  • Kolchak: The Lawndale File, by Chris Tucker (continued): Morning couldn't come soon enough for me. One of the side effects of the past 20 plus years of my career has been nightmares. Oddly, I'd grown so used to them that I just kept on sleeping, no matter how terrifying they were. For whatever reason, my battered psyche decided that it was just easier to continue sleeping than to wake up and then try to get back to sleep. As for me, I'd prefer to wake up in a cold sweat and be awake to see the dawn.
  • A Scene No Daria Fanfic Should Have, by Getrealordie187 (COMPLETE!): "I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Morris." "Time out." (Daria/Saved by the Bell)
  • Unnamed story (Future Daria: Iron Chef or merely an annoyance?), by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): "Daria! Quinn! The Yeagers are here!" The girls came down the stairs and walked outside to see a hybrid car pull into the driveway. Some decades-old song by Lady Gaga could be heard blaring through the open windows as the visitors stepped out of the car to greet the Morgendorffers.
  • NEW! Unnamed story (Future Daria: Iron Chef or merely an annoyance?), by Wormbait (COMPLETE!): [Too short to sample!]
  • Unnamed story (God Save the Esteem 3: Family Devalued), by Charles RB (Part 2): On the way out on Friday, Quinn was corralled by her parents. “Quinn, Erin’s going to be coming into town after school lets out. It’d be very helpful to us if you met her in town and showed her around.” “And remember, your cousin didn’t have the same advantages you and Daria did: loud music, rocking out, and partying are going to scare her. Bear that in mind.” “I will,” said Quinn, looking utterly angelic and trustworthy.
  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: 4chan Episodes (THREAD IZ COMPLET!!1!!!)), by Project Pegasus (COMPLETE!): "So I've made up my mind." "And?" "I'm accepting Raft's offer of admission." "You can't do that." "Why not?"
  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: What he REALLY thinks of Daria!), by Getrealordie187 (COMPLETE!): Angier Sloane watched his oldest son take his girlfriend upstairs, the packet of neat and precise calculations left in his hands after only a day away from his side. The girl wasn't just a literary up and comer; she was a mathematical savant.
  • Unnamed story (Scenes no Daria fanfic should have: Ouch Time), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "Well, I think I know where this is going." "Oh, witty to the last, are we? Well, laugh out of this—once you're mutilated and dying, this entire universe will burn, at my hand. Everyone you ever knew and loved, screaming—and you'll have to listen before death claims you. It's what you deserve." "Big words. But there's one thing you didn't take into account..." (Daria/Drawn Together/Power Rangers, + Judith Strikes!)
  • Unnamed story (Scenes no Daria fanfic should have: Ouch Time), by Getrealordie187 (COMPLETE!): Her jaw twitches as she controls the urge to cry. "It's so beautiful." (Daria/The O.C.)
  • What the Dormouse Said, by TAG (COMPLETE!): He saw her as soon as he opened the office door. She slouched in a chair to his left between the office’s front desk and a potted artificial tree. A color picture of President Richard Nixon hung on the wall above her head. The moment she spotted him she got to her feet—and began chewing a wad of gum she had been hiding in her mouth. “Hey, kid,” he said. “Hey,” she said in relief. “Thanks, Uncle Jack.”
  • Yeah, by OverlordMikey (COMPLETE!): "Hey Jodie, Mack." "Hey Daria." Jodie replied. Mack just stood there with a smile on his face. "I was wondering what you we're doing this weekend." "Well if all goes right I'm headed to the moon all weekend." She said as Kevin and Brittany came up from behind. "So I take it your going to participate in the ‘Camp out under the Stars' fundraiser." "Only if NASA refuses to led me aboard the shuttle."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm, the foreword to that interview must have been written by Mr. DeMartino, what with all the random bolding and such.

The Angst Guy said...

Forgot to call out thanks to Pinhead for the most excellent alter egos. You rule, d00d!

Pinhead said...

http://s004.radikal.ru/i206/1003/6f/acf9031c2634.jpg
;)