Sunday, September 13, 2009

Take a Bite

One hundred fifty-two years ago today, Milton S. Hershey was born, the guy for whom Hershey's Chocolate and Hershey, Pennsylvania, were named. Go forth, ye lovers of goodness, and celebrate in the manner we know and love: eat some chocolate. Speaking of chocolate, today is also the birthday anniversary of Roald Dahl, creator of Willy Wonka and the you-know-what. Bet Daria loved his books when she was younger.

Wonder if there is a way to work Daria Chocolate bedding and shoes into this post, too. Oh, guess I did.

Poking around with Google, trying to find a connection between September 13th and Daria, produced one oddball result, that being a fanfic called "What Is Memory?" I cannot figure out what is going on in it, but maybe you can. Pretty bizarre alternate universe there.

In animation history, Don Bluth has a birthday today. His Titan A.E. was crossed over with Daria in a cool fanfic by Greystar.

Wanna help DariaWiki? Got a few minutes to spare? Click here and see if you can link these dead-end pages to something else in the 'Wiki. If nothing else exists, maybe add an External Links section to fanfic writers' works online, or create a page about something related to the dead-end page. Just something fun to do. I've been adding artwork for a while.

Finally, I have begun creating the new list of 2009 Daria Fanfiction, but it will not be ready until late today at best. Stay tooned.

5 comments:

The Angst Guy said...

I thought for sure someone would have commented on the chocolate Daria bar, but I guess no one likes chocolate. Oh, well...

The Bug Guy said...

Hey, give them a chance to wake up and get home from morning services at the First Church of Chocolate. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, the Bible said it best. From The Book of Confectioners, Chapter I, Verse 1: 'And God created chocolate. And it was GOOD.'

Pinhead said...

I would not dare to bite off such chocolate...

Kristen Bealer said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if you aren't going to actually give me any chocolate, then don't tease me with it. :p