- Stephen King (who inspired a Stacy alter ego and the authors of these Daria tales: 1 2 3 4) (and fan art and more fan art) (and more in-joke references in Daria fanfics than I can possibly list here, just way too many)
- Chuck Jones (famed Warner Brothers animator, helped inspire this tale and this series)
- H. G. Wells (two of whose SF works are referenced in this Daria episode)
- J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit (inspired a gift Jake once gave to Helen, per the image at right from "Sappy Anniversary")
More to come.... and here it is!
Superfan Pinhead turns out to be an amazing artist. He has posted some of his work to PPMB: a thread of Daria/Melody Powers art, and a special moment between Daria and Jane. This is fairly mind boggling stuff.
- Finn Morgendorffer, by HolyGrail2007 (Part 1 - COMPLETE): Ever since Finn starting going through puberty and started his seductive attitude, Helen had been trying to make sure he didn’t end up like Rita. Daria and Finn may not have fought as often, but they certainly were as bitter to each other, as Rita was to her. Despite all her desires not to, Finn was becoming the person she despised most in the world. The fact that Finn was her son was heartbreaking.
- Jacob Morgendorffer, Esq., by CAP (Part 3): “Hi, Dad,” Jake tentatively said stepping to his father‘s side. “What are you doing here?” Mad Dog wheezed. “Mom asked me to come,” Jake replied. “She said that you were... sick.”