Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hacker Birthday to You, Hacker Birthday to You....

Guess who became an adult today? This is the 18th birthday of the World Wide Web, which appeared this day to the public in 1991. (Purists quibble over what exactly constitutes the Birth of the WWW, but we'll go with this one for now.) Daria's close personal friends, Beavis and Butt-head, are on hand to... do whatever they do. Guess whose birthday is also celebrated today? Kevin Mitnick turns 46. Remember him? If the name is not familiar, don't worry about it. It's a hacker thing, you wouldn't understand.

This is also the birthday anniversary of pop-art icon Andy Warhol and of investigator of paranormal mysteries Charles Fort, but they were covered pretty thoroughly last year. With pictures, too. Oh, and here's Daria the Biker again for Anonymous. That's the biggest I can find online.

PPMB
  • Iron Chef: Daria Is Raven's Apprentice, by Project Pegasus (COMPLETE!): "Hmmm... I think that a Benjamin says that you ain't seen nothing." "Robin, Benjamin Button is not on the hundred-dollar bill!" "Of course he is! And here, look: he gets older as the denominations get smaller." [And there's more!]
  • Reaped Out, by Pinkminx (Epilogue to Act 1): I hope you know what you're doing, Morgendorffer. (FF.net)
  • Reaped Out, by Pinkminx (Act 2, Part 1): I don't like it when I say people should die and then they do. I don't want that kind of responsibility. But what if the responsibility was thrust upon you? (FF.net)
  • Regifted, by Ajar (Part 11): “Hello, is Daria there?” said Ryan. “Wow,” said Quinn. “A guy calling for Daria. That's a first. I guess you brains don't have the same style standards.”
  • Reunions and Introductions, by Tscroggs (continued): "Most of the stuff I had was either connected to bad memories I didn’t want to keep; or wasn’t worth transporting when I moved. I had one hell of a fire sale before I left. Everything else I donated or gave away. I’ve got pictures of most of it if you want to see them.” Jane’s eyes darted over towards the child, who was now seated on the coach with a picture book. “Some of its not kid safe though.”
  • Stacy Rowe, Seeker (Part II), by jtranser (continued): "One thing bothers me, though. What'll we do about all those Brussels sprouts?"
  • Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic Should Have: Hump Day), by NightGoblyn (COMPLETE!): Daria stood in the communal dressing room while other women darted around her pulling on costumes or applying makeup. She glanced around nervously, certain that her deep unease was obvious to anyone who cared to give her a second glance. She wasn't sure which made her more uncomfortable: her purpose for being here or the combination of the arctic blast from the AC and her semi-nude state.

No comments: